WHAT IS REP?
Pathway to Skill Development and Opportunities
The Representative Program offered at Kingston aims to provide regular, fun, focused and intensive training sessions for selected Rep netballers. KDNA provides accredited and experienced coaches who, in conjunction with specialized coaches (as required), conduct training sessions to improve the skill base of their representative players. Working with the selected girls/boys, we aim to provide them with the skill level necessary to play netball to the best of their ability.
Rep is an opportunity for all Club players to make new friends, share experiences and make lifelong memories.
Representative teams are selected from all KDNA Clubs. For each age group, the best 10-30 players at trials are chosen by independent selectors to form the core KDNA Rep squad. Numbers of teams at any age level are based on the quality of applicants and the availability of coaches.
Player from outside Association may trial but if selected will have to commit to a KDNA club for the rep year- that will involve playing at Dales Park on Saturdays.
KDNA is a player pathway through Central East Zone TID Tournaments, which gives the opportunity for players to be invited to trial for Central East Zone Academy Program in the following year.
KDNA has the pathway for Henderson Regional Selections and local VNL Clubs.
How do I get Involved
Selected players must commit to:
- Weekly training sessions held for the duration of the Rep Program year.
- Monday night – 6.30pm training session – Dales Park – 1.5hr (11/U) or 2hr (13/U upwards)
- Selected one day tournaments (March to Sept) – 11Yrs/U x 6.- 13Yrs/U & 15Yrs/U x 3 or 4
17Yrs/U x 2 – excludes Open Age.
- 13/U and 15/U: Thursday Night Competition at Waverley Night NA for the Autumn and Spring seasons.
- Games are of 45 min. duration with 1/2hr min. warm uptime- Games 5.15pm to 7.00pm dependant on sections KDNA’s grading at Waverley.
- 17/U: Wednesday Premier League Waverley Night NA for the Autumn and Spring season –
1 hr game with 1/2hr min. warm up prior – Game Times 6pm
Midyear selections may apply for Waverley Spring Season.
- Open Age: Tuesday Open Premier League at Waverley Night NA for the Autumn & Spring Season.
1 hr game with 1/2hr min. warm up prior. Midyear selections may apply for Waverley Spring Season
Code of Conduct Compliance
Players and parents are expected to comply with the “Player and Parent Code of Behaviour”
It is a requirement that all selected Rep players play in a club team at KDNA. Clubs are asked to play Rep players in their selected position for 50% of their court time to ensure learning is progressed throughout the Season, (excluding U11’s due to KDNA Rotational Policy in place).
Exempt are players selected to KDNA Open Age teams as they are not required to play with KDNA club, but to have a playing history with a KDNA member club.
There is no limit to the number of ‘home grown’ Rep players a club can put into a team, however, if a player has or wishes to transfer to a new club, they can only be placed in a club team to have a maximum of four (4) Rep players.
This does not apply to noncurrent rep players.