Live Scoring Instructions
Home Team Scorer Instructions and iPad Collection
Home Team Scorer will come to the Court Supervisor’s Office Window upstairs, 10 minutes before the game is due to start, with your Court Number as listed on Netball Connect (just as has been done every other season)*
*If a scorer is running late, they need to communicate with their team and get someone else to pick the iPad up, so at least the away scorer can start allocating positions.
Michelle (our Court Supervisor) will have the iPads ready with all games uploaded for the first 3 weeks of the season (then after regrading, the whole season will be uploaded to the iPad.)
Once you tell Michelle the Court Number you are playing on, she will give you the iPad allocated to that Court (which will only display the games scheduled for that particular court).1
- Press Gear Wheel to open Settings
- Press Team Selection to allocate or change player positions (you will be automatically prompted to allocate or change positions before each quarter)
- Report Incident function has been disabled. Please report injuries to the First Aid office
- Action Log will show any recorded events during the match (not needed at this stage)
- Any injury (however minor) needs to be reported to 1st Aid on the day of the incident for insurance to be valid. (Netball Victoria requires a 1st Aid report for any insurance claim to be accepted)
Before the Game
- Press on your game (please make sure you only press on your game and no one else’s)
- If you have fill-in players and the iPad is in connectivity, follow the Add a Player instructions outlined on page 4*
- You will now be prompted to allocate players to positions. Select your team name, press the Position, and then press the Player’s name that will be playing in this position in the first quarter, until all positions are allocated. (Follow the process outlined on page 5)
- Now pass the iPad to the opposition scorer to complete the same process
- You will then be prompted to allocate the Centre Pass. Select ‘Yes’ and follow the steps on page 6*
- If the iPad is not connected to the internet: after the match concludes, the relevant scorer is to fill out the Add a Player form upstairs at the Court Supervisor window
*If the iPad is not connected to the internet: after the match concludes, the relevant scorer is to fill out the Add a Player form upstairs at the Court Supervisor window
Add a Player
- Settings (Gear wheel in top right-hand corner of the screen)
- Press ‘Team Selection’
- Select Team (selected team name turns orange)
- Press ‘Add Player’ at the Bottom
- Search using Player’s Name and Surname
- Select the correct player to add them to the team
Positions can only be allocated quarter by quarter.
- Select your team name
- Press the position
- Press the Player’s name that will be playing in this position in the first quarter, until all positions are allocated
- Allocated positions will turn light orange
- Unallocated positions will remain grey
- Allocated players will drop down to the Playing section
- Unallocated players will remain in the Bench section
- Repeat for opposition team
PLEASE NOTE: If any team runs out of time to change positions before the quarter starts, they can do so at any time throughout the quarter by pressing the Gear Wheel in the top right-hand corner, pressing Team Selection (Page 2), and then following the process outlined on this page. Players who are away will remain in the Bench section.
Centre Pass Allocation
- When prompted to allocate the centre pass, always allocate it to the Home Team (team on the left). The centre pass will then automatically switch each time a goal is added.
- The icon indicates which team will have the next Centre Pass.
- If you ever need to change the Centre Pass during the game, tap on the icon and it will move across to the opposition team.
- When a goal is scored:
- Press the ‘+’ button under the scoring team
- If a mistake is made or the umpire calls a ‘No Goal’, you can subtract a goal by pressing the ‘-‘ button under the relevant team
- Please Note: When prompted at the start of the game to allocate the Centre Pass, always allocate it to the Home Team (team on the left).
End of 1st and 3rd Quarters
- You will be prompted to make any positional changes for next quarter
- Repeatthe steps outlined on the ‘Allocating Positions’ page
- Once both scorers agree on the half time scores, the Home team scorer will press ‘YES’.
- You can then change player positions for the next quarter (same steps as before).
End of Game
2. Home team scorer to press ‘YES’.
Please Note: Once you press ‘YES’ at the end of the game, you cannot make any more changes to that game, so please ensure that everything is completed and agreed on before pressing ‘YES’.
Winning Team scorer to return iPad*
*Prompt return of the iPad is required after the game to the Court Supervisor’s Office, as we do need time to disinfect each of the iPads, ready for the next game.
What is my role if I am not the home team?
What if the scores aren’t correct at the end of each period?
What if a penalty goal is scored after the siren?
If the umpire allows a penalty shot after the siren, press ‘No’ to confirm the scores, add the goal, and then press ‘Yes’ to confirm scores.11
What if I made a mistake during player allocation?
What if we are using a fill in player from another district or the player is brand new to our team?
What if the iPad screen locks?
Centre Pass & GA/GS allocation for goals scored?
What if I lose internet connection during the match?
What happens if there is a dispute between two scorers?
✓ If the dispute can be rectified prior to the scorer finalising the results and ‘Ending’ the match, then you can add or subtract scores without assistance, and then press ‘Yes’ to approve the new scores.
✓ If the dispute cannot be rectified without official involvement, then both Team Managers & Scorers should approach the Court Supervisor and Competitions Manager at the Court Supervisor’s office. (In the event where one of them is absent, one of the Executive Committee members will need to be present.)